Thursday, February 19, 2009

Santa Barbara Mission

So I havent updated the blog for a little while now. My goal is at least one post a week, if not more frequently. Anyways, one iconic symbol of Santa Barbara is its Mission. So this morning I went to go shoot this historic building. I not much of a landscape photographer, but its always a good challenge to broaden your skills through these types of exercises. Its interesting try to capture a shot while people are in your background (i.e. landscapers) and with a single lens(a wider lens would have been helpful), as well as limited time(waiting for lighting to be just right) . I had to wait just a little while for shadows to not be on the building, I dont have patience for this type of photography, but I appreciate those who do. Well I wish I had more shots but here is what I thought was the most interesting.....if you could say that.


1 comment:

  1. You're following a grand tradition: right now at the Getty we have a show on Carleton Watkins...one of the first photographers ever to capture images of the SoCal missions!

    ReplyDelete